The Finance Office is dedicated to serve missionaries in Papua New Guinea. We strive to accurately and efficiently process financial transactions and assist the missionary so their work to bring the Gospel to the people groups of PNG may move forward effectively. We endeavor to perform our accounting practices above reproach and fulfill all requirements of the PNG government. Many of the functions of the finance office are necessary to legally function as an organization within PNG. The Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
• Assist in creating, monitoring and updating financial related policies and procedures.
• Compile and analyze financial information, manage general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Assist with monthly closing and account analysis.
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of all monthly and annual financial statements.
• Administration of NTM-PNG business software system
• Ensure that all inquiries and correspondence on accounting matters are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
• Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
• Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process